This magazine exists to defend the principles of Western civilisation. Now the question arises: can this concept be expressed in liquid form? We invite you to help us find out the answer.
What ingredients should go into a "Civilisation cocktail"? On June 17, we are holding the first Standpoint Salon at Hardy's Brasserie and Wine Bar near our offices in Marylebone, central London. Three distinguished writers plus Conservative MP Jesse Norman and our Editor, Daniel Johnson, will discuss "Conservatism from Burke to Boris" over dinner. Rashly, we have promised to supply a Civilisation cocktail to get proceedings off to a flying start, but as yet its contents are as mysterious as the next Conservative election manifesto. Which is where you come in. What ingredients should it contain?
The best combination suggested by a reader (within reason) will be served at the Salon and will win two tickets to the dinner, worth £100. Please email your suggestions to [email protected].
- Standpoint's May Issue Now Live
- Standpoint's April Issue Out Now
- Standpoint's March Issue Is Out Now
- Standpoint's January/February Issue is Out Now
- Standpoint's December Issue is Out Now
- Standpoint's November Issue is Out Now
- Standpoint's October Issue Is Out Now
- Scottish independence: what you need to know
- Standpoint's September Issue Is Out Now
- Standpoint's July/August Issue Is Out Now
- Conduct Unbecoming
- Standpoint's June Issue Is Out Now
- Templeton Prize Lecture
- Anthony Loyd in Standpoint
- Standpoint's May Issue Is Out Now
- Video: In Hock to the Oligarchs?
- Our April Issue Is Out Now
- Our March Issue Is Out Now
- January/February Double Issue Out Now
- Our December Issue is Out Now