The implications for France 2 are shattering. The state-funded TV station is now appealing to the highest court in France. Enderlin has blustered that Karsenty is backed by US and French “right-wing”, pro-Israel organisations. This is the desperate flailing of a journalist whose reputation now lies in shreds. For he never imagined that his attempt to silence Karsenty would lead the court to order France 2 to produce the evidence it had hitherto refused to make public — the untransmitted 27 minutes of footage that Abu Rahma claimed he had filmed.
I was in the Paris court on the day France 2 reluctantly complied and I saw the footage (minus a few minutes that Enderlin had excised and which are said to be even more explosive). This showed clearly that the whole thing was a set-up from start to finish.
The cameraman said the Israelis had fired continuously for 45 minutes. Yet the footage did not show people falling under fire. It showed instead Palestinians demonstrating, throwing rocks and so forth, in a positively carnival atmosphere. Youths strutted about, giving declamatory interviews and grinning at the camera; boys rode by on bicycles. And no one showed any sign of injury. There were no wounds; there was no blood. From time to time, demonstrators were pushed on to stretchers and into ambulances — but with no evidence of any disturbance to their anatomy.
Enderlin said he had cut out the scenes of al-Dura’s actual death agony because “it was unbearable”. But when the footage was shown, it became clear no such scenes existed. There was no agony and no death. Al-Dura and his father showed no sign of any wound or injury throughout. Supposedly riddled with bullets, their bodies remained totally unmarked. There was no blood anywhere. A red stain on the child turned out to be a piece of red cloth, which suddenly materialised.
- Migrant Crisis? Europe Hasn't Seen Anything Yet
- Why Palmyra Should Matter To The West
- Corbyn's Rise Makes Cameron Redundant
- No, Jeremy: Politics Is All About Borders Now
- Why 'Lady Chatterley' Still Provokes Us
- For Climate Alarmism, The Poor Pay The Price
- Will Putin's Empire Outlast The Soviets?
- British Witnesses To Lenin's Revolution
- Bibliophiles Beware: Online Prices Are A Lottery
- How Jeremy Corbyn's Coup Hijacked Labour
- Corbyn's Signpost Back To The Ghetto
- Unionists, Don't Despair: Scotland Is Not Lost — Yet
- Britain's Apologists For Child Abuse
- Lift The Fee Cap And Set Universities Free
- The Story Behind One Dead Man's Penny
- Hitler's 'Ecological Panic' Didn't Cause The Holocaust
- Meet The Montalvos: The First Global Family
- Mr Gove, Here Is Our Statute of Liberty
- A British Bill Of Rights
- Something For Nothing Just Won't Do Any More