...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Parliamentary Privileges
- At Home with the Letwins' Salon
- Gibraltar's Battle Of The Sexes
- For the Sake of Auld Lang Syne?
- David Cameron Must Govern With Humility
- How Not to Remember the First World War
- Lynching the Last Great Newspaperman
- What sort of Europe does Cameron Want?
- Culinary Overload
- An Archbishop Spinning out of Control
- Online Only: Back to the USSR
- My Five Husbands
- Unstitching the Invisibility Coat
- Muscovite Manners
- The Aesthetes: When Kitsch Was Avant-Garde
- Underrated: Václav Havel
- How Olympian Was Renaisance Man?
- Apocalypse Then
- Spooked by Islamists
- 'The Ship of Endurance' And Three More New Poems