...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Default Lines
- Heavenly Drunkenness
- Save, Save and Save Again
- Treacherous Path to Safety
- Opera is Not Just Our Most Expensive Noise
- A Map of the Mind
- The Great and the Bad
- Entrenched Enemies
- Arab Spring Sprung?
- Overrated: Nicholas Stern
- Europe Cannot Do Without Putin's Gas
- All Pout and No Clout
- New York: A ‘Post-racial’ American vs an Old Coot
- South Africa: The ANC'S Health Lesson for Obama
- Assassin in a Hijab
- Have You Heard the One About Auschwitz?
- Only Defeat Can Save Conservatism
- Underrated: Sajid Javid
- Books of the Ages