...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- The Crank at the Bank
- The Cold Warrior Who Enjoys The Fight
- The Legacy of John Maynard Keynes
- Underrated: John Donne
- Overrated: Jamie Oliver
- Will Labour Listen To Its Eurosceptic Voters?
- Grief Tied Up in Narrative Bows
- Debasing Orwell
- Swine Flu
- The Merchant of Hamburg
- In Search of the Incomparable Max
- The Plot to Islamise Birmingham’s Schools
- We Can Fix The Economy But Not Human Nature
- Paris: Prisoner of the Barbarians
- The Art of Bad Habits
- Rediscovering The Point Of Language
- Underrated: Jonathan Swift
- Beware the Obama Machine
- Schiller's Poetics of Freedom
- What Should We Do About Russia?