...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
I've had a mild exchange of views with our friend Norman Lebrecht over at his blog, Slipped Disc. He responded to a comment in Fiona Madd
- The Promised Land?
- That's Rich!
- ONLINE ONLY: An Unserious Man
- The Malady Lingers On
- Best of Enemies
- A Light Shining From Babylon
- When Humans Are Just Pieces of Cargo
- Olympian Angst
- Four Days of Terror in Mumbai
- Something Nasty in the Woodshed
- Nato's Mess
- Ypres: Never Say Never Again
- Swine Flu
- A Right Way to Live and Die
- Patriot, Poet and Prophet
- Not Pretty Enough For The Pictures
- The Political Trials of Lockerbie
- The Newest Hatred
- Write On
- Not So Private Lives