...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Jihad Central
- Italian Insouciance
- Good Show — Pity About the Book
- California Dreaming
- Rainer Maria Rilke: The Prisoner
- Secret Justice, Private Hell
- Make the Right Connection
- Ennui Questions
- Boris is Ready for his Finest Hour. Is his Party?
- Three New Poems By Ruth Padel
- The Wagner Family Soap Opera Rolls On
- An Odyssey To Athens
- The Crescent and the Jackboot: Dealing with Totalitarianism
- Launching Pad of the Neocons
- In Search of My Father, Agent of the Comintern
- Where the Far-Left Joins the Far-Right
- SamCam or Sarah?
- A Different Habit of Vision
- Exit Right the Last Reithian