...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- The Genius of Geometry
- Phoney Matrimony
- Digital Civilisation?
- Busy Old Foolery
- Must Try Harder
- Buried History
- She Was Difficult On Britain's Behalf
- Nancy Sladek
- Ethics of Engagement
- A Visit From the Ofpoe Inspector
- The Russians Are Coming
- Party Lines
- Britain's Chance to Reinvent Europe
- Writers of the World, Unite
- Tea Party Politics
- Was Britain Right To Go To War In 1914?
- Terrible Home Truths
- The Fine Art Of Editing Reveals The Real Eliot
- Banking on Change
- Hero Worship