...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
I've had a mild exchange of views with our friend Norman Lebrecht over at his blog, Slipped Disc. He responded to a comment in Fiona Madd
- Novelists at Arms
- Nato's Mess
- Staving Off Despair: On the Use and Abuse of Pessimism for Life
- Neoconservatism: A Good Idea That Won't Go Away
- Internet Invaders
- After the Sea of Faith Withdraws
- Truth About Entitlements
- America's New Isolationists Are Endangering the West
- Waugh's Saving Grace
- Extradition Conditions
- Where Did the Big Bang Come From?
- Pax Britannica
- Love in a Snowy Climate
- Finally Finished
- Liberty Hall
- Save the NYPD So It Can Save the City
- Mother Of All Jokes
- The Long Shadow Over Bayreuth
- Three-Parent Babies — Miracle Cure or Eugenics?
- Forced Marriages Dishonour Britain