...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- ONLINE ONLY: The Great Divide
- Abolish the Author
- Uncritical Theorists Who Misread the Nazis
- Blooming Lovely
- Offshore Stiffed
- Norman Wisdom
- Another Country
- Talk is Cheap: Now It's Time for Action
- Nothing Left But the Credits
- We Decline to Decline
- Whatever Happened to the Art of Oratory?
- Mother Of All Jokes
- Pride of the CUP
- Londoners are Leaving
- The Politics of Climate Change
- We're All Lobbyists Now
- Who's 'The Stupid Party' Now?
- Defying Duopoly: The Rise Of The Insurgents
- The GOD Squad's Whitehall Coup
- Spring Books: Paperbacks