...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Yes Sir, that's my 'Gaybe'
- Sound Money, Unsound Men
- Bajaur: A Talk with the Taliban
- Norway's Problem with Anti-Semitism
- Mao-made Famine
- A Heavy Fall from Grace
- Demolish the Relics of Yesterday's Future
- Money Troubles
- ONLINE ONLY: The Ghost and the Machine
- The Year of the Good Read?
- Prague: Diary
- Annie v. Elvis
- Underrated: Melanie Phillips
- Party Lines
- Slavoj Žižek
- The New South Sea Bubble
- Dickens’s dangerous friend
- The Servant of the servants of God Departs in Peace
- Jeremy Black
- Transatlantic Vanity Project