...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Fundamentalists of the East End
- Must Try Harder
- Overrated: Zac Goldsmith
- An Adult Movie for Grown-ups
- Judging Qatar
- A Christian Country? No, a Conservative One
- Making the Best of Brecht
- Modern Lawfare
- High Society and Dry Champagne
- Eric Hobsbawm: Companion of Dishonour
- In Pursuit of Perfection
- Nudge Nudge, Wonk?
- Europe's Long Road to the Mosque
- Ideas, Please
- We Decline to Decline
- "Weary of Silence, Soon Sickened by Words"
- Chronicle Of History's Greatest Carnage
- The Age of the Warrior Poet
- Don't Fear the Greeks
- Gannet Earth