...in other words, a round-up of the latest caboodles in the music world, to brighten your weekend. Here are my top five.
1. Nick Daniel, oboist extraordinaire, is in Moscow judging an
Hot on the heels of James MacMillan's red-hot piece in these pages calling Emperor's New Clothes on Pierre Boulez, plus Dilettante Music
- Happy Places
- Georgia on my Mind
- Congdon's Law
- Strangers in their own Holy Land
- American Jews and the Defence of Western Civilisation
- The Wise Orientalist and the Flying Dutchman
- The Tide Turns in East Sussex
- Our Drop In Productivity Explained
- Has Britain Found a Role Yet?
- Too Much Information
- What's In A Boy's Name?
- David Hockney: A Life Spent Looking
- Party Lines
- Unequal Opportunities
- Underrated: Alexandra Shulman
- Why Matter Really Matters
- Civilisation: Do we know it when we see it? He did
- What Will Georgian England Look Like?
- Gibraltar's Battle Of The Sexes
- ONLINE ONLY: Carmen's Complaint